Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And This is My Life...

Wow, so it's been a while...a LOOONG while. Oops...anyway, since it's been forever I figured I'd do a quick update on my life, even though I've talked recently to pretty much anyone who reads this...anyway, here goes.

Summer term ends this week; classes are over, all I have left is my 2 finals. I can't believe how fast the classes went by. I'm really glad I decided to take summer classes, even though I got sick of going to classes and doing homework fairly often, I would have been extremely bored this past month and a half/two months if I hadn't been in classes. Plus the fact that I had a scholarship for tuition and got a pell grant to cover living...so basically school was kind of like my job...which is nice. :)

This past weekend, Keith, Marshall, and I drove our car down to Vegas to visit Garry and Sheri and the kids, which was sooo much fun. It was so good to see them again! It's just always nice to be around more family, and to get away from being surrounded by college for a while. :)

So with getting back from Vegas and finishing up with classes...I don't really have much to do now, except for wait. It seems like I have a lot of waiting to do right now...and it's kinda getting old to be honest. Waiting for the mail, waiting to see who my new roommates will be, waiting for my fall pell grant to come in so I actually have money again, waiting for Fall semester to start up, waiting for Labor Day weekend so we can go down to Garry and Sheri's again and see Mom and Dad, waiting for the week after Labor Day to get here, and then waiting for October....ya, mostly the first and last two things...actually the last 3. Everything finishing up is giving me too much time to think....ugh. But I will be patient, and hopefully find things to occupy my time...or at least other things to occupy my mind, that would work too.

Really though, life is absolutely wonderful right now. Except for time going faster, things couldn't be better. :) Everyday I see more and more the Lord's hand in my life, blessing me. It really is amazing all that He's done for me, especially recently. I've especially been grateful for the ability to call up Mom whenever I need to. We've had some really great phone conversations lately, and I really appreciate that. (although sometimes she just gives me MORE to think about) :P

So anyway, that's my update, although like I said, most of you probably already know everything I said...I mostly decided to do this cause it sounded like a good distraction, however small of a distraction it may have been. :P

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm glad you blogged again! Now that you have all of this time on your hand you can blog every day! ;)

Thanks for coming to visit! I can't wait for you to come again. Rachel pretended to call you on the phone today.

Sarah said...

that wasn't much of a distraction. You were only writing about the things you've been thinking about. :) But I'm glad you blogged too. It's good to read from you....er yeah.