Thursday, February 18, 2010

Got Any Suggestions?

Well I don't have time to make a real post and update what's going on with me, cause I have TONS of homework and studying to do between now and next Friday! I have 3 exams, a project for my business class, and the rough draft of my research paper all due next week. Plus a couple small math assignments and some reading for English and business...oh, and a Dance Lab for Social Dance. Ya, LOTS to do, and very LITTLE time to do it, because I'm going to be busy all weekend! Friday I'm meeting with a girl from my tap class to practice and catch her up because she missed class today and my ward is going to see The Princess and the Frog at the Varsity Theater (it's in the Wilk, and tickets are only $1) that evening. Then Saturday I have a ward temple trip at 10, a double date with Keith and two of his friends from his Folk Dance team at 1:00, and then I'm going to the Opera with a guy from my Calculus class at 7:00!!! So ya...not exactly ANY homework time at all on Saturday! I also have a review session tonight for one of my exams, plus a Writing Contest Award Ceremony for extra credit for english right after it. Then I have another study session tomorrow right after Calculus for that exam, and a study session next Tuesday for my business exam. Oh, and FHE on Monday night! Ya....VERY full schedule!!! So I have to use all of my spare time to get my homework and studying in. Wish me luck!

Well now that I, in essence, did update you on what's going on, even though I said I wasn't going to, let me tell you what I was originally going to talk about! There's another chance for us to get extra credit in english (and I need it cause of a couple late/unfinished assignments). Next Tuesday for class we are having a "Grammar Rodeo" and we get extra credit if we dress up, somehow related to a rodeo. :) She had one boy make his own cowboy hat, but it was miniature, so he had a string tied around it to keep it on his head, and she also had a girl come in once in a cow costume, haha. So anyway, if anyone (if anyone's reading this) has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I'd kind of prefer something not quite as drastic as a cow costume ;) ...but I don't exactly have any cowboy boots or shoes or other simple stuff, so once again, all suggestions are welcome!

8 comments:

Nancyann said...

Ok, I meant to say I don't have any cowboy boots or CLOTHES..cowboy shoes are the same thing as cowboy boots...I know that...

Garry the Jeweler said...

cow horns. Use toilet paper rolls and cut a slit in one end to roll it up into a point. Then attach them to a head band.

Julia said...

I totally agree with your dad! Roll them into a point and put them on your head! Or just make a pig nose (somehow) and tie it around your face. That's easy enough. Or wear a whooly sweater. That might be enough. Bahh! ...Hmm. What else? ....Nope. Nothing in my noggin.

Sheri said...

Two dates in one weekend?! Go you! ;)

I like the cow horns idea. Or the piggy nose. Both make me laugh. And when you do it, you are morally obligated to take a picture and post it on your blog. Or facebook.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hahaha agreed with sheri! But I've got a few ideas for ya! Who said you had to have actual clothes for clothes. I went as a Knight for halloween one year and my entire costume was paper sacks and a cardboard sword.

Paint your face like a rodeo clown, or be a pepsi bilboard. Thats one of the things thats always advertised at a rodeo....I think :D
or make a t-shirt...and put this on it
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ninjashatebadgrammar.catch22designs.com/comics/2008-11-10-ninjas_hate_bad_grammar.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ninjashatebadgrammar.catch22designs.com/2008/11/10/ninjas-hate-bad-grammar/&usg=__vr9oATTscX0Dmk_EkIkzrBabFms=&h=510&w=648&sz=155&hl=en&start=6&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Uxzz05PR9SrHNM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrammar%2Bcomics%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1C1CHMA_enUS353US354%26tbs%3Disch:1

only instead of a ninja use a cowboy. lol!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha or you could come into class with your feet tied together and your hands tied together and say you were the victim of the last rodeo. lol!

Sarah said...

lol, Rissy, that is hilarious!. Bring in a tub of crisco for a greesed pig. Get a paper sac form the grocery store and make a cow boy vest with fringe. Find a rubber glove and blow it up and tape it to your shirt, wear it with the tp roll horns.
Make a stick horse. Use a paper bag for the head, and for teh stick...I don't know, you probaby dont want to carry a broom around campus...tape some pens together... :)
put a handkerchief around your face.
make tin foil spurs for your shoes
!!!! get some coconuts and clank them together when you walk into the room like on monty python. :):):)
dress like a clown....you know for a rodeo clown.
I do have one more suggestion...don't use ALL of my suggestions... :)
and yes, a picture IS required.

Sarah said...

...oh and a pig nose is easy. Just get a nice big piece of scotch tape and tape the end of your nose up to your forehead.