Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

So as many of you know, I was in my high school's production of Beauty and the Beast this past fall. It was a great experience, and I really loved it. Well, just the other day I got my copy of the recording of our show. Also, Lilly borrowed the cartoon version from the library recently. So the other day before church, I was in my Mom's room, and then I hear Hyrum and Lilly playing a game. They were pretending to be the characters off of Beauty and the Beast and were basically reciting different scenes. I heard Hyrum say he was Lumiere and then ask Lilly if she was the boy or girl (Maurice or Belle) coming into the castle. Then Hyrum turns into the Beast and yells, "What are you doing in my castle? You don't belong here!" Then he announces that he's the Dad and Lilly should be the daughter, and he procedes to say, "Belle, no, get out! You don't know what it's like!" Haha, I thought it was so funny, but at the same time, I was so excited, cause now I LOVE Beauty and the Beast! Then when I went to go tell Lilly that it was time for her to get ready for church and pick out a dress, she told me that she was busy playing, but I said it didn't matter, she still needed to pick a dress. So what does Hyrum do? He becomes the wardrobe from Beauty and the Beast! And he starts talking in her voice saying, "What abou this one? Oh, I wore this the night I performed for the King!" Haha, oh man, I love little kids...and how I miss the simple joy of playing make-believe. :)

5 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow Hyrum is so awesome. I wish he was my older brother when I was lilly's age.

nice to see you have a blog! You're next post should be pictures of your favorite things.

Sarah said...

First off, LOVE that background, basically it rocks WHOO yeah!
Hyrum IS totally awesome. That was a great story!

Nancyann said...

are you talking about the picture of the rainbow background Sarah? cause I totally took that pic myself! It's a DOUBLE rainbow in our backyard! and ya, I like it too :)

Sheri said...

Your rainbow picture is GORGEOUS. I love it.

Keith said...

It's agreed, awesome picture, fun blog. And though you miss the musical, be glad that you know you have at least one more play that you get to be in. I miss theater so much! Good times in Willard theater.