Thursday, August 27, 2020

Snapshots of July and August

I've realized that I've majorly fallen off from my goal to blog more regularly...I started actually journaling daily again back in April, and I think that has made it easier to slack on blogging, because I'm already keeping a record of my life. But journaling doesn't keep my family updated on my life (and neither does my facebook cause I hardly ever post anymore).

Last night at a small women's group meeting, one of my friends mentioned a type of snapshot journaling where you just jot down or list phrases and words describing your day/week/whatever. I really liked the simplicity of the idea, and thought I should give it a try for my blogging and see if it helps me be more consistent. So here goes!

July and August 2020 - These are the days of:

Weddings. Catching up with old friends.
Car repairs- ugh.
Game nights. Old friends and new.
Extra long evening walks.
Swimming. Appreciating summer.
Slow work. Boredom.
Doing more family history.
Morning walks with Marissa and her kids.
Meal planning. Grocery shopping.
Picnic dinners at Devil's Den.
Hiking.
Watching TV shows. Lazy afternoons.
Reading. Book nights with friends.
Returning to church. Feeling the sense of home.

No comments: