Sunday, December 31, 2017

Books of 2017

I had a goal for 2017 to read 1 book each month...it lasted for the first month or two and then we started moving. :P But even though I only read about half as many books as I'd planned to, I was glad that I at least read what I did. And I was proud of myself for reading more than just fun, quick, novels.

Glimpses into the life of Marjorie Pay Hinckley - Out of all the great stories and quotes in this book, my all time favorite is still the story of one of her sons showing off to their "city" cousins that he could walk on broken glass with his tough, bare, country feet, haha! I want that to be my kids someday, lol.

Pride and Prejudice - It was fun to read this after being familiar with the movie. Reading just gives you that much more time to connect with and relate to the characters. Also, I can totally get Darcy and his introverted self, haha.

To the Rescue: Thomas S. Monson - I LOVED reading this one. So many amazing stories about such a kind and loving man. The miracles he witnessed and took part in in his life were truly remarkable. It also made me realize, I really enjoy biographies. I haven't read many in the past (like...maybe one other one...), but I love learning about someone else's life, especially a life that has touched so many.

Gospel Symbolism, by Joseph Fielding McConkie - I really enjoyed this book as well. Themes and symbols and patterns and deeper meanings are totally my thing. It's been long enough since I read it that I can't think of anything specific, but I remember thinking it was definitely one I want to own.

House of Glory, by S. Michael Wilcox - This was just a nice kind of intro book into the importance of the temple and temple worship. He made a few analogies about how the more you attend the better you understand that I really loved.


No comments: