Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Growing Up Means Making Decisions...

So I had a thought today...and I don't know what to make of it.

There's a paper of important dates for the Seniors, and two of those dates that are within the next couple of weeks are the last day for schedule changes and the last day to submit a request to your counselor for early graduation...do you see where I'm going with this?

With the schedule I have right now, I would still be missing one English credit by the time the semester got over, but if we're still allowed to make changes within the next couple of weeks, I could change one of my classes for another English class...and graduate early, and go out to BYU in January. The application deadline for winter semester is October 1, so I would still have time to finish that too. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do, or if it's even what I want to do.

I think my next order of business is to write out some pros and cons and ask Dad for a father's blessing to help me make the decision that is best for me. I've definitely got everything figured out for once I get to BYU though, whether it's next semester or next fall. But anyway, I've got a lot of praying and a lot of thinking to do. I feel like I'm ready to be done with High School, but I don't know if I'm ready to leave home yet. If anyone has any feedback, by all means, it's welcome! Please, share your thoughts on the matter. :)

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Oy, what a big decision! Part of me thinks it would be awesome to have a head start on college, but the other part of me thinks you should live it up and enjoy your senior year while it lasts. Can you still be valedictorian if you graduate early?

Nancyann said...

No Sheri, I could not be Valedictorian, which I think is the biggest thing holding me back. But the more that I've looked at it, I think the only thing that Valedictorian would give me is the satisfaction of achieving my goal. But I would still leave at the top of my class, so I would know that I would have achieved it if I had stayed. Do you get what I'm saying?

sheriwx said...

I stay stick it out, achieve your goal, and enjoy your time in High School. It only comes once, and you'll never have the chance to go back and "redo" the Valedictorian thing. Once it's gone, it's gone.

On the other hand, it's exciting to move on with your life and get a head start on things.

On the other hand, one semester doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of College. You can make up 1 semester of classes in a year or two of extra credits or summer semesters.

On the other hand... ok so I've only got 3 hands. I guess you'll just have to weigh it out on your own. Good luck!

Sarah said...

WOW! tough choice! Collage is fun and you learn a LOT from moving out and being on your own. It's hard to move away from Family but at least Keith will be out there, so you will have someone to lean on.
Collage is fun but it's not as care free as HS...but with your load it's not like HS is all that care free for you anyway :)
Honestly if you noticed those deadlines and they appealed to you my guess is that was for a reason.
Once you graduate HS is just a bunch of silliness anyway. :) None of it matters in a year, NONE.
Study your scriptures and listen to promptings. Good luck with your decision!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Congrats on making a decision nanc! I'm way proud of you! And I think you'll love being in UT with Keith. It'll be good for both of you to grow together as brother and sister before he gets married.

Sheri said...

So do you need to update this with your decision or what?! Some of us can't handle the SUSPENSE!

Garry the Jeweler said...

She is going!!!!nes